Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Re-Installing Windows--Losing everything?

So, it's come to my attention that my computers been hit by some serious virsus, and since I don't have virus protection--my free trial expired, I'm gonna re-download something---I need to reintall Windows since its seriously messed up.



Since I'm a total computer noob, I wanna know, is re-installing gonna make me lose all my files and everything? Do I need to back up any files I wanna save to my usb or something? Will programs and files dissapear? Anyways, this is probably a stupid and easy question...but please help ^_^



Re-Installing Windows--Losing everything?hp



Don't download infected files back in!



Do a Repair with your O.S. disk, then sign up with Avast free lifetime service.



Re-Installing Windows--Losing everything?mcaffee



First and foremost you will lose everything if you choose to reformat your computer! So you will need to back up everything you want to keep. Also you will have the very envious task of finding drivers that Microsoft may or may not have available! I would seriously recommend you try to clean out the viruses and malware from your pc over reinstalling the OS, especially as a "noob." Virus and malware scanners available today are designed to clean up even the worse inundation of viruses and malware. Try this before you attempt to reinstall Windows:

No comments:

Post a Comment