Sunday, August 23, 2009

McAfee and System Restore problems?

I tried to get rid of my mcafee virus protection and it seems to have messed up my whole computer. All my email messages are blank and I can't even get into help and support to do a system restore. On top of that, it won't even let me delete the security center! Please help I don't even know where to start.



I think if I can just restore my computer I'll be ok, but whenever I hit the help and support button, I see the hourglass for a second and then it dissapears and no help screen appears.



McAfee and System Restore problems?antivirus downloads



Hmm, you should of just used Killprocess (task manager with viscious capacity and debugging privledges), seems you tried to remove McAfee Virus Protection manually.



Anyways



http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.as...



Affects



- McAfee Security Center



- McAfee VirusScan



- McAfee Personal Firewall Plus



- McAfee Privacy Service



- McAfee SpamKiller



- McAfee Wireless Network Security



- McAfee SiteAdvisor



- McAfee Data Backup



- McAfee Network Manager



- McAfee Easy Network



- McAfee AntiSpyware



McAfee and System Restore problems?cafe racer



Have u got a original disc to start your P.C from new?



If so best thing to do is a complete purge.



Otherwise go to on start (bottom left)click and go to control panel,then click add remove programs,find the nasty ones and delete.



If this does not work then shut down re-open and insert original disc(it will talk u thru it) and if u make a mistake? do not give up(learn from it) and try again.



After all it is your P.C,not a companys.



Hope it all works out and I think it will.



Rem if in doubt,it is only a tin box with an electrical plug.



You will bring it back to your way of thinking.



It does not think(only a tin box/of a bit o fun).

No comments:

Post a Comment