Friday, August 21, 2009

Install new Free AVG 8?

when I open up my computer there is a box now saying from AVG to increase your protection with new AVG internet security 8. I already have AVG free but no idea what type it is ,is it okay to go ahead and install this ?



Not at all computer literate so any help would be appreciated.



Install new Free AVG 8?photoshop



Hi If you have the free edition of AVG its good but you really need to upgrade to the full version as you are not covered with the anti virus part. That is with the paid full version. I have AVG full version 7.5 and more than happy with the protection it has given me. FREE is to attract you to the product. UPGRADE it is worth it in the long run. Linda x



Install new Free AVG 8?symatec



you could uninstall your last avg if you had it , then install avg 8



only s suggestion..



good luck
I upgraded from 7.5 to 8 last week, big mistake. My CPU Usage went upto 100% all the time, mine is never above 15%, it was as slow as hell. I uninstalled it %26 put 7.5 back on and all is well again. It appears to be almost as bad a resource hog as Norton.



I still get the 'upgrade to version 8' box, but I just close that window.
Ignore the upgrade box,you do not need to install the paid version for the additional firewall if using windows or firefox firewall.The built in anti-spyware is excellent and the linkscanner scans the website using realtime protection for any viruses or trojans unlike Macafee siteadvisor that just gives user ratings.Overall AVG 8 is better the only thing i don't like is the interface with it's annoying advert/tips box .Lastly do not uninstall version 7.5 just install version 8 over it and version 7.5 automatically gets uninstalled.
Yes, it's ok. This is the link http://free.grisoft.com/ww.download?prd=...
No, unless you want the paid for version that also includes a firewall, if you already have a firewall then just use AVG 8 free edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment