Friday, August 21, 2009

Is it a virus or a hacker? An e-mail for welecp was sent from my yahoo e-mail to everyone in my addr

After getting a call about a strange e-mail that I supposedly sent, I went to my e-mail address sent folder and apparently a spam message from welecp.com was sent to everyone in my yahoo e-mail address book. Prior to this e-mail being sent, I noticed ealier that day that my settings on my computer had been changed - a program I normally have in my in my task manager in the lower right corner of my computer (next to the clock) was no longer there and that bar was actually locked now (I couldn't expand it). I have Window XP's firewall running but no updated virus protection. Nobody else from my house could have sent the e-mail or changed the task manager on my computer. Do you think I was hacked and someone has access to my computer or is it just a virus? I'm freaking out. I unplugged my computer and am getting virus software, but I am scared that I was (and still am) hacked. Thanks for any help.



Is it a virus or a hacker? An e-mail for welecp was sent from my yahoo e-mail to everyone in my address book?download



A dialer or a mass mailing worm.



update your AV %26 antispyware boot in safe mode %26 do a full scan.



or



boot in safe mode with internet %26 do two free online scans:



http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html



http://housecall.trendmicro.com/uk/



A good firewall would of stopped this XP firewall is not good, use free comodo pro firewall.



Is it a virus or a hacker? An e-mail for welecp was sent from my yahoo e-mail to everyone in my address book?hijackthis



It is probably a virus. There is no need to uplug your computer if it is off.



I suggest you download AVG free antivirus and Spybot Search%26Destroy for spyware. They are both free and easy to use
hacked, email phishing



change your password...click My Account, change password



Make sure welecp or any other address you didn't put there is not in your address book, if so delete them.

No comments:

Post a Comment