Sunday, August 23, 2009

Macbook Pro randomly shutting down?

I bought my Macbook Pro in July of 2006 and towards the end of last year it could only stay on with the battery for about 20 minutes before shutting down. I called customer service and they told me that you are supposed to buy a new battery about every year because you are supposed to get 300 charges out of every battery (I had gotten 466 out of mine). So in January I got a new battery and everything was working fine (btw, apple care protection plan doesn't cover batteries). However, recently my computer has been doing it AGAIN! Not necessary after 20 minutes... perhaps 40 minutes or whatever. But what is even more odd, is that the other day it randomly shut down WHILE the adapter was plugged in and the light was green! I've only had this battery for a little less than 2 months!



Any idea what could be wrong and what I can do?



Macbook Pro randomly shutting down?network



If you are still covered in any form of customer protection/warranty plan, ship the computer back to Apple and let them deal with it. It's their problem, not yours. Macs supposedly "just works".



Macbook Pro randomly shutting down?norton



MacBook batteries need to be periodically re-calibrated (see links below). Try this with your original battery as well as the new one; you might find that it makes them both work like new.

No comments:

Post a Comment