Sunday, August 23, 2009

Internet keeps timing out?

My internet keeps timing out. It'll be constant- going back and forth with having a stable connection to losing it. I've reset the IP several times-resulting in a stable connection for only about 5 minutes. and then loses it again. I disconnected the modem on several occasions and then replug it and the same problem persists. It has happened before and i have contacted the ISP. They visited the house and they seem to know nothing about whats going on with the computer. Also, its almost automatic that I will lose connection when I open up Limewire. At the same time though I am able to talk to people via trillain. My current virus protection is McAfee and I have AdAware installed on my computer. Any help would greatly be appreciated.



Internet keeps timing out?antivirus programs



Hmmm...do you have a router too? If not, or heck if so, make SURE it's not within 3 feet of any other electronics. I know having the router close to them effects your connectivity. I had mine on top of a TV once...the tech told me to consider it within a 3 foot bubble and no electronics can come within those 3 feet.



Oh and try Advanced WindowsCare V2 from iobit.com



It's better than adaware, but heck, I still run adaware from time to time too.....but I like Advanced Windowscare...here's the link.



just go to the downloads section and choose the personal version.

No comments:

Post a Comment