Sunday, August 23, 2009

Multiple Virus Scans?

Is it bad to have more than 1 type of virus scan on your computer? I have:



-Verizon Internet Security Suite



- Some Microsoft Protector



- Windows Defender



For a while I had been getting a message that Verizon internet security suite encountered a problem and needed to be restarted. So I reinstalled it tonight and it's running fine now. Im actually doing a scan right now. I had downloaded windows defender and this microsoft protection a couple nights ago because I felt like my computer was at risk. So since Verizon Internet Security Suite is running properly, should I delete the windows defender and microsoft protectors or just dont worry about it and keep them on?



Multiple Virus Scans?antivirus protection



Two anti virus programs on one computer can kill each other and make it necessary for you to restore...



I don't know exactly if that is accurate for recent PCs/Programs but I had a Laptop crashing 2 times within one year because I made the mistake of having more than 2 anti virus programs active.



Multiple Virus Scans?computer repair



Windows Defender is an anti-spyware (not anti-virus). Therefore it should work nicely with any anti-virus or security suite. You can kept it for use as a back-up spyware scanner or in case you need a second opinion.



Microsoft does not make any sort of an anti-malware app called "Protector".
Yes, it's best to only have one running.



Since Verizon Internet Security Suite is running properly and your happy with it, you should disable windows defender.



I would reccomend disabling the others till your sure your happy with only Verizon Internet Security Suite running. Down the road you can unistall them.

No comments:

Post a Comment