Friday, August 21, 2009

Windows Security Center??

Ok so Like, I got windows Xp SP2, and i like the new addition to the security center, but i have a minor problem, eveything else os OK. except my virus protection!! my firewall is set ON, My automatic updates are set to ON, but what about my virus protection?? for some reason, its "saying not monitored", I know i have an antivirus on, i use norton antivirus 2003! i know its set to on, but it still wont put it on the ON position. With AVG free edition however, the status was ON!! but for some reason, it doesnt wanna be ON with norton antivurus 2003, WHY????



I even set it to ON, and restarted the computer, but it still says



"NOT MONITERED"



its alwasy with Norton...



*remember, my antivirus i am using is norton antivirus 2003*



its an older version, but goes well with XP.



Thanks guys for your help!



~Raffi



Windows Security Center??norton 360



2k3 is your problem. Windows will not pick up on a/v older than a few months to what your system clock is. 2k3 is WAY WAY WAY out of date. Toss norton and get AVAST or AVG (google and ye shall find) both are free and both do a damn fine job.



Windows Security Center??photoshop



Get McAfee [ us.mcafee.com]
That's why I don't use Norton. I have Mcafee and Ad-aware

No comments:

Post a Comment