Friday, August 21, 2009

Emergency Wireless Help. Ten points!!!?

I already asked this in the right section but got basically no help and I need help. This is the most popular place. I will choose best answer!



My Computer [Laptop] is a Compaq just got it a year ago this month. The Virus protection ran out recently and I have not had the chance to pick up a new one. THis same thing happened to my friends computer of the same type. Our Wireless Assistants disappeared and will not turn on or open once we find the file. Nor will the light go back to blue signaling it has a conenction: It stays orange. I need to fix this before my dad gets home I don't know how it happened. Before I went to sleep the other night it was working. Then this!



If I reformat it will everything be erased that I have saved:? I do editing work an dhave different files for projects open. And how would I do that? [Reformat I mean?] My desktop computer hooks through cable. My laptop runs off it.



Emergency Wireless Help. Ten points!!!?free anti virus



This isn't a problem that is going to be fixed quickly. You should really ask your dad first (if he knows a good deal about computers) before you try to fix it yourself. Fixing it yourself, unless you know what you are doing, can result in even more problems. Perhaps you can take it to have it fixed.



Once you reformat (which is basically, trashing out your system, and restalling Windows...starting everything from scratch), you will lose EVERYTHING. There will be a chance that you can possibly save the things you need, but again, you need a professional to do that. I recently got a virus on my laptop, and when we reformatted, I lost EVERYTHING. Luckily, I had all of my photos backed up on CDs. This is why it is important to have all of your important files backed up, either on a CD or through a flash drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment